Black Eyed Peas are supposed to bring good luck if you eat them on New Years, so this is another way to add to your prosperity!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic, depending on your taste (I use 2 )
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 cup roasted green pepper (I just roast them in the oven until black, then cool and peel)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash cayenne (optional)
- Put all ingredients in your food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours to allow for the flavors to meld.
- Serve with pita chips or fresh veggies.