Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Eat this on New Year's Day for good luck for the year....or eat it simply because it's just so darn good!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapenos
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Mash the Black Eyed Peas with a fork, leave some of them whole.
- 2. Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- 3. Spread into a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees.
- 4. Eat with tortilla chips, crackers, and/or veggies.
- ***you can use Rotel in place of the diced tomatoes & chilies if it's available where you are. You can also used the canned BEP & Jalapeno's mixed if they're available.***.
Very good and easy to make. served with tortilla chips for a small New Years get together. Loved it!
Forgot to review it, made it last year for New Year's Party. YUM!!!