Recipe by Latocha_Duckworth
Top Review by Mary A.
I just made these tonight from the cookbook! Both my dh and I loved them! So tender and the flavor was good good. I usually don't like short ribs but I sure like these. Will definitely serve them again. Gave the dog a little and she loved it too. ;)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 -4 lbs short rib of beef
- 1 large onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together the tomato sauce, water, vinegar, soy sauce, and Splenda.
- Put the ribs in the slow cooker. (It's okay if they're frozen, you don't have to bother thawing them). Slice the onion and place it on top of the ribs. Pour the sauce over the onion and ribs.
- Set the slow cooker on Low and cook for 8-9 hours. (If you put the ribs in thawed, cut about 1 hour off the cooking time).
- This recipe came from the book "500 Low-carb Recipes" by Dana Carpender.