- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic
- 3⁄8 cup freshly minced onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 pinch ground sage
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded 1/8-inch thick)
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 English cucumber, chopped into 1/4-inch dice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 flat bread
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 large onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade: In a large bowl, combine yogurt with garlic, onion, vinegar, parsley, oregano, salt, cumin pepper, red chili flakes, and sage. Add chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours.
- Tzatziki sauce: In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, sour cream, cucumber, dill, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with oven rack in center. Line 9x13-inch baking sheet (or larger) with non-stick aluminum foil. (Baking sheet should have sides).
- Remove chicken from marinade, taking off excess marinade. Place chicken on baking sheet. Bake in center of oven for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Let rest for 10 minutes. Remove to a cutting board, discarding foil. Slice chicken into 1/2-inch thick pieces.
- Serve sandwiched in flatbread and drizzled with Tzatziki Sauce. Top with spinach leaves, tomato and onion.