Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the very best pecan pie I have ever had. I lost the recipe for a couple of years, but just found it so I'm putting it out here so I won't lose it again!
- Prepare an unbaked 9" pie shell. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In double-boiler top, with electric mixer at medium speed, or with spoon, mix 1/2 cup light brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter until well blended.
- Add 3/4 cup granulated sugar; mix well. Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, to blend. Add 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 cup corn syrup, 1/2 cup light cream or milk; mix well.
- Cook over boiling water, stirring, 5 minutes. Remove from water; stir in 1 cup pecan halves or walnut pieces and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Pour into lined pie plate.
- Bake 1 hours.
- The filling is very light and not real sweet and syrupy. It puffs up when baking and shrinks just slightly during cooling.