Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very important to remove as much air as possible and to use a glass bowl to prevent oxidation. Also if you want it hotter coarsely chop all of the onion instead of just half.
- 2 califorina avocados
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, coarsley chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped 1/4 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt, finely ground
- Remove meat from avocados and place in glass mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix leaving about 1/2 of the avocado in good size chunks.
- Press down in same glass bowl to remove all air pockets and place plastic wrap directly on mixture it's self, leaving NO AIR SPACE between mixture and top of glass bowl.
- Put in refrigerator for one hour and serve.
I find that if you add a few teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice, it stops the guacamole from going brown and you don't need to worry about storing in an air-tight container (I've also heard that burying the pits in the guac will keep it fresh). A couple cloves of grated or minced garlic are another good addition.