Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I received this recipe almost 20 years ago from a co-worker. It may not look good but sure surprises you when you taste it, yummy. I find it to be more a dessert than a salad.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (in natural juices and undrained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 pint small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 9 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix all ingredients except Cool Whip. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Chill at least 1-2 hours before serving.
This is a delightful salad, diner524. I love the strawberry and raspberry versions of this salad, and this version was just as delicious as all the others I've made. We all love pistachios, so the flavor was perfect for us. So yummy, and of course it's quite easy to make. Made for your awesome win in the 2013 Football Pool game.
Very good recipe. I have made something similar to this, but it didn't have cottage cheese in it. This salad had a nice creamy texture and a great taste. I shared it with my in-laws, and they loved it. Thanks for sharing another great recipe. Made for August, 2008 Bevy Tag.
Wow! This brings back memories! I remember my grandma making this. It is wonderful! I used no fat cottage cheese, low fat cool whip, and no nuts due to family taste. Thanks for the great recipe!