Recipe by JoAnn
Made this dish in a cooking class I attended. Very good and you can vary the ingredients to make it a little different each time. Has become a family favorite.
Top Review by Sunflower
What a delicious recipe!! I added the optional mushrooms and waterchestnuts, but left out the almonds because my kids won't eat those. Very well seasoned and a great way to dress up green beans. Thanks for sharing this.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 -4 slices bacon, diced small
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jar pimiento, diced
- 1 pinch thyme
- sliced mushroom (optional)
- almonds (optional)
- water chestnut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break fresh green beans in half and cook trimmed beans in salted water to desired tenderness.
- Saute diced bacon until brown, add onions and garlic and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add cooked beans, jar of pimento's, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.