Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a quick and easy soup. I usually make in a crockpot, but you can use the stovetop.
Make and share this Good Golly Gumbo recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chicken tenders, frozen is fine, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄4 lb kielbasa, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut okra
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- hot pepper sauce
- In the bottom of a crockpot, add onions, chicken tenders, celery, sausage, carrots, stewed tomatoes, water, chicken granules, and thyme.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir in okra, salt, and paprika.
- Cook 20-30 minutes longer.
- Serve over rice in individual bowls.
- Serve with hot pepper sauce.