Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ground turkey=healthy. These burgers=good. Healthy + Good = yay!
Make and share this Good God Turkey Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, diced (they sell these in cans)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave (pull them off the stem)
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fresh smoked mozzarella cheese ball
- Dijon mustard
- 4 slices rye bread
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, wostershire, chipotle, thyme, season salt, pepper & garlic. Form into four burgers. In a small pan, combine butter and half TBS olive oil and heat. Add onions and sprinkle with sugar. Sautee for about three minutes - until carmalized. Set aside. In another larger pan, add other 1/2 TBS olive oil and heat. Add two turkey burgers. Cook on each side about 5-7 minutes. Remove burgers from pan and place on a plate. Spread dijon mustard on all peices of bread. Place two slices of smoked mozz on one slice of bread dijon side up, followed by the burger, followed by a good covering of onions, followed by two more slices of smoked mozz, followed by the other slice of bread dijon down. Put the assembled burger in the pan with the turkey drippings and olive oil, cook for two minutes, pressing down once or twice, then flip and cook two more minutes on the other side.