Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love cooking, but I don't always have the time to spend hours in the kitchen. So I came up with this healthy and very simple comfort food based on the idea of tiramisu. Originally I used low-fat curd instead of mascarpone, but I don't think you can easily get curd in the USA. If you can find it, give it a try. If not, just use the mixture of low-fat cream cheese, cottage cheese and plain yoghurt. I found it equally good :-) You can also substitute the cereal with any cereal you like, or just crush two or three cookies. Cooking time is preparation time. Addition after rating: The banana should NOT be omitted because first of all it's the natural sweetener which smooths the slight tartness of quark or yoghurt, and second it adds some more micronutrients we need. If you can get reduced fat ricotta, use it instead of the cottage cheese - cream cheese - yoghurt mixture, it's less tart.
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon protein powder
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons oat bran or 3 tablespoons granola cereal
- 2 tablespoons hot coffee
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cacao
- In a muesli bowl place the three tablespoons cereal or granola and soak with coffee and amaretto liqueur.
- In a food processor blend first six ingredients and process until you have a smooth cream.
- Dump cream into muesli bowl.
- blend 2 tablespoons grated dark chocolate and 1 teaspoon cacao powder and sprinkle evenly over cream.
I did not use the banana and slept the amaretto liquer. I used cheerios to make the batter which worked great. I used kvark but the problem was that it kept it slightly sour taste which did not make this taste like tiramisu at all. It was good but it is more like a having your coffee, morning cereal and yogurt all in one. This needs some aprovel, 3 and 1/2 stars.