Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Regular deviled eggs are so delish, but oh so bad for you. This wonderful recipe helps to take the guilt away so you can enjoy more of what you love. To make it easier to fill the eggs, you can place hummus in a zip-loc bag and cut a small corner off so it acts like a pastry bag. Feel free to add other healthy ingredients to the hummus or as part of the toppings.
- 59.14 ml cucumber, finely diced
- 59.14 ml tomatoes, finely diced
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon juice
- 0.59 ml salt
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled sliced in half lengthwise
- 78.07 ml hummus (any flavor)
- parsley, chopped (garnish)
- Combine cucumber, tomato, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl and mix gently.
- Remove and discard the egg yolks.
- Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon hummus into each egg half. Top with 1/2 teaspoon cucumber-tomato mixture and parsley, if desired.
- Serve chilled.