Recipe by rammynoodles
This is adapted from a blog called Peas and Thank-you. This has everything your body needs: good carbohydrates, lean protein, a fruit and and a vegetable! It's a great after school snack for hungry little munchkins who want junk food. I make a huge glass of it to replace a meal or you can share it with someone! This is NOT terribly sweet. It's mostly just very chocolate-y and pretty heavy. I would add a good form of sugar to make it sweeter such as agave or maple syrup. You can't taste the spinach but if you don't drink it while it's really cold it can smell a little raw and leafy at room temperature. The measurements are VERY approximate as I despise measuring tools. I generally cram as much spinach as I can into my single serve blender. I added in my brand preferences into my ingredients list as well. I hope you love this! I also made the instructions in the order which you should the add ingredients to the blender, just in case you own a crappy one like I do.
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (This covers up the spinach taste, but you can try using less if you don't obsess over chocolate like)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (All natural is best....Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful is amazing AND it adds a bit of)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach leaves (Gradually work your way up to your tolerance! I put a whole cup in mine and I still can't taste the )
- 1 cup soymilk (Silk Light Vanilla is best because I hate the soy taste!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up the frozen banana into sizes your blender can tolerate. Those go in first. If you're blessed enough to own a Vita-Mix, I am jealous of you and you can ignore this step. Add more banana to make it sweeter and creamier if you like.
- Add peanut butter on top of the bananas. Add more to make it creamier. Any nut butter will work -- use a raw nut butter to make this a truly raw food.
- Stuff spinach into blender. Cram it in if you have a single serve blender. It will be a tight squeeze.
- Dump in cocoa powder.
- Add soymilk. I add it until it comes up to my desired level. Add more or less to make it thicker or thinner.
- Blend it till smooooooth and creamy.
- PS If you enjoy this by yourself don't try to eat something else on top of it -- this is really filling! <3.