This is adapted from a blog called Peas and Thank-you. This has everything your body needs: good carbohydrates, lean protein, a fruit and and a vegetable! It's a great after school snack for hungry little munchkins who want junk food. I make a huge glass of it to replace a meal or you can share it with someone! This is NOT terribly sweet. It's mostly just very chocolate-y and pretty heavy. I would add a good form of sugar to make it sweeter such as agave or maple syrup. You can't taste the spinach but if you don't drink it while it's really cold it can smell a little raw and leafy at room temperature. The measurements are VERY approximate as I despise measuring tools. I generally cram as much spinach as I can into my single serve blender. I added in my brand preferences into my ingredients list as well. I hope you love this! I also made the instructions in the order which you should the add ingredients to the blender, just in case you own a crappy one like I do.
My Private Note
giant s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (This covers up the spinach taste, but you can try using less if you don't obsess over chocolate like)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (All natural is best....Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful is amazing AND it adds a bit of)
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves (Gradually work your way up to your tolerance! I put a whole cup in mine and I still can't taste the )
- 1 cup soymilk (Silk Light Vanilla is best because I hate the soy taste!)
- 1Cut up the frozen banana into sizes your blender can tolerate. Those go in first. If you're blessed enough to own a Vita-Mix, I am jealous of you and you can ignore this step. Add more banana to make it sweeter and creamier if you like.
- 2Add peanut butter on top of the bananas. Add more to make it creamier. Any nut butter will work -- use a raw nut butter to make this a truly raw food.
- 3Stuff spinach into blender. Cram it in if you have a single serve blender. It will be a tight squeeze.
- 4Dump in cocoa powder.
- 5Add soymilk. I add it until it comes up to my desired level. Add more or less to make it thicker or thinner.
- 6Blend it till smooooooth and creamy.
- 8PS If you enjoy this by yourself don't try to eat something else on top of it -- this is really filling! <3.
Browse Our Top Shakes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good-For-You-Health-Nut Chocolate Shake (Gluten-Free, Vegan )
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 223.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 18.8 g