Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a vegan granola recipe with added protein from hemp powder and flax seeds. It's a basic recipe with lots of room for alterations and additions- you can add different chopped nuts, dried fruits, and other seasonings like ground clove or ginger. I usually add more hemp powder, as I hardly notice the flavor.
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup ground hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or honey or agave nectar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 5 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 2⁄3 cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all ingredients except the dried fruits.
- Spread onto baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the granola along the edges of the sheet starts to toast.
- Use a spatula to move the toasted granola away from the edge and re-spread the mix in the pan.
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes, or until toasted to your taste.
- Add dried fruit.
Great recipe! You can swap out different seeds or grains and it still tastes great!