Recipe by Erin Crable
Apple-juice concentrate replaces the oil in this yummy cereal. From Parents magazine..very easy and good.
- 2 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup coconut flakes
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (6 ounce) bag dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, stir together oats, pecans, coconut, wheat germ and sesame seeds.
- In a bowl, mix together honey, apple juice concentrate, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Microwave for 1 minute. Pour into slow cooker and stir.
- Cook 1 hour on high, without lid.
- Reduce to low, cover and cook 4 to 5 more hours, stirring occasionally, or until granola is dry and medium brown.
- Stir in cranberries.