Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Cooked in the crockpot, apple juice replaces the oil in this crunchy cereal.
Make and share this Good-For-You Granola recipe from Food.com.
- In a 5 qt slow-cooker stir together oats, nuts, coconut, wheat germ and sesame seeds if using.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix together honey, apple juice, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Microwave for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook 1 hour on high without the lid. Reduce to low, cover, and cook 4 to 5 more hours, stirring occasionally, or until granola is dry and golden.
- Stir in cranberries and store in an airtight container.
I followed the recipe and used my crockpot that has never given me problems. The granola was brunt in less than 2 hours on low. Use a recipe with oil or butter and bake it.
I followed the instruction. I apoligize; actually made this quite a while back and found it on my list of recipes to review. I was concentrating too much on the challenges. Sorry. At any rate it turned out fine for me. I will make it again....far cheaper than going to the grocery store. I did not add the sesame seeds (did not have any, and used a cinnamon stick instead of the ground kind.Also used honey from honey comb I had. I don't think I really changed the recipe (just used what I had on hand. I was one of my last minute decisions to make it and my neighbour was over as well as my aunt so it made for easy work.I didn't stir very often since I did not want to loose the heat. Thanks for the recipe. Leanne
I followed all the instructions and wound up with a crock pot full of soggy oatmeal mush.