1/1 Photo of Good-For-You Gingerbread
From Evelyn Tribole's Healthy Homestyle Cooking. It took only 25 minutes in my oven, but it seems to bake everything more quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, stir together the flours, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the egg whites, buttermilk, applesauce, and molasses.
- 3Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and beat with an electric mixer until combined.
- 4Transfer the batter to an 8"x8"x2" baking pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes and then remove from pan and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good-For-You Gingerbread
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.7
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 126.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g