Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Here is a great comfort cookie that you can feel good about serving your family. The light olive oil keeps the flavor light and doesn't add saturated fat! The combination of chocolate and dried cranberries is oh-so-yummy! (NOTE: the batter will look a little oily, but trust me...it works out great!)
- 158.51 ml oat flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml ground flax seeds
- 78.07 ml light olive oil
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 59.14 ml chopped pecans
- Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Next add the oil and the egg.
- Mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips, cranberries, and pecans.
- Shape into 1 inch balls (or use small cookie scoop) and place on cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.
They turned out really well. Using oat flour instead of oats is a pretty good idea, as my daughter does not like oats. I also added 1/4 cup of roasted hazelnut powder and omitted the flax seeds as I did not have any any at the moment. Thanks for a lovely healthy recipe.