Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the Nature Blessed co. They produce Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate. Tart cherries are found to relieve arthritis, gout, headaches, joint and muscle inflammation. Helps lower cholesterol and blood pressure and protect heart against disease, attacks and strokes (according to their pamphlet). Two tablespoons equal 60 cherries. www.colomafrozen.com. This smoothie has lots of antioxidants in it.
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt or 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup tart cherry juice concentrate
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- You may add some honey if you want to tone down the tartness.