Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my adaptation of a Cooking Light dressing. It has a lot of strong Asian flavors and I've found it tastes best over simple iceberg lettuce type crisp green salads -- kind of like the salad you'd find at a Japanese restaurant. I took this to my supper club. Everyone was skeptical at first, due to the shockingly orange color, but we gobbled it up. This recipe makes enough for quite a few salads, so keep it in a tupperware container with lid.
- 2 cups shredded carrots (bagged type)
- 6 ounces silken tofu
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons miso (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (more if desired)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Place all ingredients in food processor and puree until smooth. The amounts listed above are suggestions. Add more ginger, garlic or whatever to taste.