Recipe by erinn in tbay
Moist and banana-y, the way banana bread should be. This is my all-time favourite.
- 2 cups flour (I use 1 cup white and 1 cup whole wheat)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (I use molasses)
- 1 cup mashed banana (I use three medium bananas)
- 3 tablespoons milk or 3 tablespoons soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease loaf pan.
- Sift together first four ingredients.
- In separate bowl, cream butter and sugar (or molasses) until light.
- Beat bananas into butter mixture.
- In small bowl, mix milk and vanilla together.
- Alternate adding banana mixture to flour mixture in 3 equal parts with milk mixture; stir only until blended.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour.
- For Vegan use only the soy milk and a Vegan margarine.