Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes one great "comfy" low cal lunch that everyone will enjoy. Easy and wholesome, its great for snacks, lunches, brunches, finger foods, even dinner...I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 6 -8 boiled boneless skinless chicken breasts, cleaned of any fat, skin, slime, bone, gel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I prefer miracle whip)
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish, drained
- 2 slices low-calorie whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 1 -2 large lettuce leaf
- Using a fork, break apart cooled chicken breast meat. Add salt, pepper, mayo, yogurt and relish. Gently mix together until chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Apply tomato onto one slice of bread and lettuce onto the other and spoon about 1/4 c chicken salad into the center for filling.
- Build the sandwich and cut cross wise. Open cut edges to form a "V" shape on the plate. Lay cottage cheese in the open area of the plate and the apple slices along side edge of cottage cheese.
- You may want to have a small bowl of soup to go with the sandwich. Grab a glass of tea and enjoy.