Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe from Young Times. Preparation time includes refrigeration time. I love mint leaves and they add a special flavour to this salad. Let your taste buds enjoy!
Top Review by ellie_
Very good and different salad that we enjoyed. Although I made several changes to this recipe including using one can of pineapple chunks, only one tomato (instead of three) and lemon pepper (instead of peppercorns) this salad stayed basically the same as the original recipe adjusting for personal taste and what ingredients I had on hand. I think this salad will be perfect for a pot luck dinner especially since it is a great make-ahead salad and different from the typical pot luck fare. Thanks Char for another wonderful vegetarian delight that will be a regular in my kitchen.
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, washed,halved,de-seeded and diced into 1 cm sized pcs (optional)
- 2 medium green bell peppers, washed,halved,de-seeded and diced into 1 cm sized pcs
- 4 slices pineapple, drained,if using tinned,cut into 1 cm size pieces
- 3 medium tomatoes, washed,quartered,de-seeded and diced into 1 cm size pieces
- 1 -2 green chili, washed and chopped
- 15 -20 whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, cleaned,washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil corn kernels in salted water until soft.
- Drain thoroughly.
- You may also use pre-cooked, canned corn kernels or sweet corn niblets.
- Wash thoroughly before use.
- Combine corn kernels, yellow pepper, green pepper, tomato and pineapple in a serving bowl.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Add crushed peppercorns, salt, green chillies and mint leaves.
- Toss with a spoon.
- Serve chilled.