Recipe by KitchenManiac
Two different variations to a wonderful treat. They are To Die FOR. They look extremely pretty too. Freezing time not included in cook time. Recipe from Marie Claire Style "sweet" by Jody Vassallo
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
These are so good! I didn't even make them evil! Just to mix it up a bit, I started making them with just mangoes, got the urge to toss a banana in there, so I did. I ended up with some extra mix (about 8 ounces)because I wasn't sure how much mango I should use in place of the 3 remaining bananas, but DH drank it as a smoothie anyway. Oh, all I had was regular skim milk and vanilla lowfat yogurt, so I had to make those substitutions. I think it all evened out in the end, because the recipe just had the vanilla flavor in the milk rather than the yogurt. Yummy, yummy, yummy!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 200 g low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 500 g white chocolate, melted
- pistachio nut, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- HEALTHY BANANA LOLLIES: Roughly chop banans.
- Put bananas, honey, yoghurt and soya milk in a blender and blend it till smooth and very thick.
- Pour into popsicle trays and stand sticks upright in the centre.
- Freeze until solid, then rub the base of the tray with a warm damp cloth to aid releasing the lollies.
- Kick back and enjoy this refreshing HEALTHY treat.
- EVIL BANANA LOLLIES: After releasing the lollies from the tray, dip the frozen lollies in melted white chocolate, then roll them in chopped pistachio nuts.