1/1 Photo of Good Every Dang Time Seafood Stuffed Shells
Lisa Gay's Note:
Giant pasta shells stuffed with a seafood cheese mixture. Alfredo sauce is poured over all and baked to perfection! Reheats nicely. We like it served with sourdough French bread (#111856)Inexpensive enough to have on our regular menu but nice enough to serve at special occassions. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crabmeat, pieces, diced small (can use imitation if desired)
- 1 cup diced shrimp (I use frozen salad size so there are no tails and they are sweeter)
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (do not substitute)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1Boil giant pasta shells in salted water until they are pliable but not quite completely cooked. While they are cooking, you can make your sauce.
- 2Melt butter in skillet.
- 3Add garlic and saute for 3 minute being careful not to burn it.
- 4Add the cream, milk, salt, lemon zest and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low. Wait 2-3 minutes and add cheeses.
- 5When cheese has melted, add the lemon juice. Stir over med. heat for 2-3 minutes.
- 6Make a slurry of water and cornstarch, mixing it well. Add to the sauce and cont. to cook until it thickens nicely. Be sure to keep an eye on it, and to stir it, because it will thicken quickly. Don't overcook it or you will have a paste. It stays nice and creamy even when baked.
- 7Drain your pasta shells and run under cold water until you can handle them. Stuff with the cheese and seafood mixture.
- 8Pour the sauce over all and bake 30 minute in a 350 degree oven.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good Every Dang Time Seafood Stuffed Shells
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.2
- Calories from Fat 474
- Total Fat 52.6 g
- Saturated Fat 31.9 g
- Cholesterol 269.5 mg
- Sodium 1897.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 28.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: