Recipe by jwoods110
This is a great recipe from the Food Network show Good Eats.
Top Review by jenjean84
Of all the hosts the food network has, I've always loved Alton Brown's show and recipes the most. Not only does he explain why certain techniques are better, the finished products always tastes amazing! That includes this waffles recipe :) I added a little cinnamon because I enjoy the flavor. On one of the waffles, I added m&ms candies as soon as I poured the batter - and it was excellent. Highly recommend this recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups buttermilk (room temperature)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs and butter. Then add in buttermilk.
- Plug in waffle iron.
- Pour in wet ingredients and stir with a spatula. Do not overstir, the batter should be lumpy and have bubbles.
- Let the batter sit for five minutes.
- Spray waffle iron with Pam spray.
- Pour in batter and cook.