Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Saw this made on tv and had to give it a try. Loved it. You need to move fast as the ingredients harden fast.
- 3 ounces popped popcorn, approximately 3 quarts
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 16 ounces dark brown sugar, approximately 2 cups (I use Splenda)
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Spray a pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper.
- Spray the parchment paper with nonstick spray.
- Combine the popcorn and peanuts in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Heat the mixture until it reaches 250 degrees F, approximately 10 minutes.
- Pour the syrup over the popcorn and stir to combine. You will need to work quickly because the syrup hardens rapidly.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared sheet pan and bake in the oven for 1 hour. (I have never baked mine and still think it comes out tasting wonderful but wanted to include this step as this is how they made it on tv).
- Cool completely.
- Break into pieces and serve immediately or store in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
This was deilicious and pretty easy to make too! I didn't cook the syrup the whole 10 minutes and did bake the mix about 30 minutes. I had company and they enjoyed it very much. My DH even liked it! Thanks for a yummy; snack! Made for Zaar tag.