1/4 Photos of Good Eats Skirt Steak (Marinade) - Great for Fajitas!
1 hr 27 mins
1 hr 15 mins
mikey & ev's Note:
It is interesting how he puts the steaks right on the coals, hence the need for a blow dryer. It's a good episode to watch to see how creative he is. **If you don't do it directly on the hot coals, you need to cook it longer, like 2-3 minutes per side (and watch for flare ups). Really, you can make it any way you like! I sometimes use the broiler - heat up a cast iron skillet then place the steaks on it to broil - or just a quick pan fry with some olive oil. Oh, and DEFINITELY pay attention to the way to cut the steak, it makes all the difference! Makes a great marinade on whatever meat you choose :) Prep time includes a one hour marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a blender, put in oil, soy sauce, scallions, garlic, lime juice, red pepper, cumin, and sugar and puree.
- 2In a large heavy duty, zip top bag, put pieces of skirt steak and pour in marinade. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Allow steak to marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- 3Remove steak from bag and pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Heat charcoal, preferably natural chunk, until grey ash appears.
- 5Using a blow dryer, blow charcoal clean of ash. Once clean of ash lay steaks directly onto hot coals for 1 minute per side.
- 6When finished cooking, place meat in double thickness of aluminum foil, wrap, and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- 7Remove meat from foil, reserving foil and juices.
- 8Slice thinly across the grain of the meat. Return to foil pouch and toss with juice.
- 9Serve with grilled peppers and onions, if desired.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good Eats Skirt Steak (Marinade) - Great for Fajitas!
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.7
- Calories from Fat 449
- Total Fat 49.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 133.7 mg
- Sodium 1521.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 63.7 g