2 hrs 25 mins
Saw this on Good Eats and noticed that DH was practically drooling on the TV screen. Thought I'd save it for a rainy day...looks like it would be nice refreshing dinner idea to whip up ahead of time and enjoy that fact that it's fairly healthy too! Have yet to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 baguette, approximately 16 to 18 inches long
- 12 ounces tuna in vegetable oil or 12 ounces tuna in water, drained and crumbled
- 1 small green pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1In a small mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. While continuing to whisk, gradually add olive oil. Set aside.
- 2Slice the bread horizontally into 2 pieces. Tear out some of the bread from the bottom piece, making a slight well.
- 3Place the tuna, then green pepper, red onion, egg, olives and tomato on the bottom side of the bread in that order.
- 4Drizzle the vinaigrette over the vegetables and top with second piece of bread.
- 5Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours before serving.
- 6Cut into 4 sandwiches and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good Eats Pan Bagnat
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1093.1
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 108.5 mg
- Sodium 2121.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 150.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 58.9 g