Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Chocolate chip waffle recipe from Alton Brown on the Food Network show Good Eats.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups buttermilk (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces chocolate chips
- Whisk dry ingredients (except chocolate chips).
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs and butter. Then add in buttermilk.
- Plug in waffle iron.
- Pour in wet ingredients and stir with a spatula. Do not overstir, the batter should be lumpy and have bubbles.
- Stir chocolate chips inches
- Let the batter sit for five minutes.
- Spray waffle iron with Pam spray.
- Pour in batter and cook.
I never made chocolate chip waffles before until today. I was very pleased and will contiue to use this recipe. Next time I will make sure I have whip cream handy to dollop on top. Thanks Alton Brown and thanks for posting Chef #509232!! Made a second time for my DD for Valentines Day. I used splenda this time to help lessen the guilt.lol.
My son and I thought these were ok. we ate them, but will probably try a different recipe next time. thanks for sharing