1/1 Photo of Good Eats Baked Buffalo Wings
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 40 mins
I love buffalo wings, but not all the deep frying that is involved. I was watching "Good Eats" one day and Alton Brown's fool proof method to delicious buffalo wings was discovered! I did make a few adjustments to this recipe that helped me out... but stayed true to the original for the most part. This method may be a little time consuming, but the end result of crispy, fall of the bone, tender wings is well worth it. The cook time includes the 1 hour in which the wings rest/cool in the refrigerator before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a 6-quart saucepan with a steamer basket and 1-inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
- 2Place the wings into the steamer basket, cover, reduce the heat to medium and steam for 10 minutes.
- 3Remove the wings from the basket and carefully pat dry.
- 4Lay the wings out on a cooling rack set in a half sheet pan lined with paper towels and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 5Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- 6Replace the paper towels with parchment paper or aluminum foil sprayed with a little non-stick spray.
- 7Roast on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes.
- 8Turn the wings over and cook another 20 minutes or until meat is cooked through and the skin is golden brown.
- 9If you are like me and like your wings a little browner and crispier, broil them for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- 10While the wings are roasting, melt the butter in a small saucepan along with the garlic.
- 11Pour this along with hot sauce and the optional salt into a bowl large enough to hold all of the chicken and stir to combine.
- 12Remove the wings from the oven and transfer to the bowl and toss with the sauce.
- 13Serve warm with bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good Eats Baked Buffalo Wings
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.4
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 158.9 mg
- Sodium 482.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 27.2 g