Recipe by -------
Ah, the wonderful Cajun recipes you will find in a 35 year old cookbook. This will satisfy your Cajun hunger!
- 1 large onion
- 5 -6 green onions
- 1 green pepper
- 4 -5 stalks celery
- 1⁄4 lb butter or 1⁄4 lb oleo
- 4 lbs medium shrimp
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- fresh red peppers or black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in water
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop onions, pepper, & celery.
- Melt butter (or oleo) in skillet.
- Add chopped vegetables & sauté until they are soft.
- Add peeled raw shrimp, mushrooms, salt, & pepper to taste. (Remember, seafood can take more pepper than beef, etc.).
- Cover & cook 20 minute or until shrimp are pink & tender.
- Make a pasty mixture of cornstarch & water.
- Add this mixture, stirring in well. This should thicken gravy.
- Add water until gravy is just right for putting over rice.
- Simmer 10 more minutes.
- Serve to 8-10 over rice.