Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A treat for our canine friends!
Make and share this Good Doggie Dog Bones recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 beef bouillon cube, dissolved in
- 1⁄2 cup hot water (you could substitute chicken bouillon cubes for variety!)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Stir until well blended.
- Knead dough 2 minutes.
- On a floured surface, use a floured rolling pin to roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Use a 2 1/2-inch long bone-shaped cookie cutter to cut out bones.
- Bake 30 minutes on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
woof woof woof bark bark (jump in the air) bark woof bark bark woof !! Translation these taste great mmmm mmmmm ( jump for joy woohoo) I want these again !!
I found the dough easy to work with but really oily. Next time I will reduce the oil by a few tablespoons and see if it seems better. My dog seems to love them though so that is all that matters. Thx Cricket!
I made these as Christmas gifts to some pets in the family. They were a huge hit, both with those dogs and my own picky dog! I suggest using real broth though (I used a can of it) instead of bouillon, as the bouillon ones seemed to make the dogs thirsty.