Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 6 ounces hot water or 6 ounces juices from cooked meat or 6 ounces bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- In a large bowl pour hot water over margarine.
- Stir in powdered milk, salt and egg.
- Add flour ½ cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Knead 3 to 4 minutes, adding more flour if necessary to make very stiff dough.
- Pat or roll to ½ô thickness and cut into bone shapes.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool and dry out in the oven until hard.