- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the sugar, corn syrup and water together for 6 minutes.
- Add butter and boil until candy thermometer reaches 250 degrees or mixture forms soft ball in cold water.
- Drop in chocolate and vanilla and continue boiling until thermometer reaches 240 degrees or mixture forms hard ball in cold water.
- Pour into shallow buttered 8 inch square pan.
- Cool, cut into squares and wrap in waxed paper.