Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This delicious cake is one of my favorites that my mom makes. It's super easy, as it starts with a boxed cake mix. It ends up tasting like a coffee cake, with the pecans and cinnamon, but it's so fabulous you'll want to eat it anytime of day!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans (or 1/2 c. walnuts)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Mix the first 6 ingredients and beat for 5 minutes.
- Separately, mix the pecans, sugar and cinnamon.
- In the bundt pan, layer about 1/2 of the cake batter.
- Top with about 1/2 the pecan mixture.
- Repeat the layers.
- NOTE: If you scrape the bowl and kind of dot the batter on top of the final pecan layer, the sugar won't get as dark in the oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool and then invert onto a plate.