Recipe by Bippie
Crazy name, I know. I don't know if this is a very common southern condiment, but it is very tastey! This is from my friend Dan's mother. He had come from Yazoo City, Mississippi. There is no way that cornbread is made in his house without this being served, too.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 -3 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- salt and pepper
- your favorite cornbread
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion, tomato and green bell pepper into small and very similar pieces.
- Add to bowl along with mayonnaise, white vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in refridgerator until ready to use. It will get juicy from the tomatoes, but that's what it's supposed to do.
- While good booglin' is chilling, warm black eyed peas on stove or in microwave and make your favorite cornbread recipe.
- When cornbread is ready, place one slice on a plate, cover with one scoop of black eyed peas and one scoop of good booglin'.
- Sit back with some sweet tea and enjoy.