Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found on Kellog's web site and placed on Zaar for safekeeping. Sounds like the basis for a great meal with buttered noodles or rice. An easy sandwich or appetizer for football games too. OAMC adaptable because I am sure this will freeze well. Kelloggs had a 30 minute preparation time which must be inaccurate, so I guess-timated something that seems more reasonable.
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In large mixing bowl, combine corn flakes, ketchup and egg.
- Mix in ground beef.
- Shape in 1 1/4-inch meatballs.
- Place in single layer, in shallow baking pan, coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° F for 12 minutes or until browned.
- In 4-quart saucepan, combine remaining ingredients.
- Simmer over low heat 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add meatballs.
- Continue cooking 15 minutes.