Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great recipe adapted by my sister, using panko instead of corn flakes.
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In large mixing bowl, combine pankol, the 2 tablespoons ketchup and egg. Mix in ground beef. Shape in 1 1/4-inch meatballs. Place in single layer, in shallow baking pan, coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° F for 12 minutes or until browned.
- In 4-quart saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Add meatballs. Continue cooking 15 minutes. Serve over rice, if desired.