Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe many years ago when I was a new cook, and found the stuff you make from a can just didn't cut it for me. Plus it's so simple, truly sloppy and oh so yummy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 green pepper (use whole, not chopped)
- Brown ground beef; drain fat.
- Mix remaining ingredients and simmer until hot.
- Remove green pepper.
- Put in crockpot to keep warm, if desired.
- Spoon over hamburger buns.