Recipe by cj2 Johnson
These are something I just came up with while I was wanting a way to incorporate oatmeal into my diet in a way other than just hot with breakfast. They came out of the oven just 5 minutes ago and I think they are pretty good. Go easy on your reviews, It was just an experiment that in my personal opinion, turned out pretty good and I think they are healthy also.
- 1 1⁄2 cups of bisquik baking mix
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- cinnamon-sugar mixture, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375 and line a muffin pan with paper cups.
- Mix dry ingredients and follow with the wet ingredients. Stir gently just to incorporate everything.
- Put 1/3 cup of mix into each cup and sprinkle generously with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes or until lightly browned. I made 17 muffins with this recipe. You could get more or less depending on the size you make.