Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is really easy and tastes great with a slightly sweet taste. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (October 2005)
- 118.29 ml maple syrup
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle chilies)
- 680.38-907.18 g salmon fillets
- In a pie pan whisk together syrup, soy sauce and adobo sauce. Add salmon, turning to coat and let marinate for at least 30 minutes (but not over one hour).
- Drain marinade into a saucepan.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat (I used a cast iron pan sprayed with Pam) and add salmon cooking until charred and cooked about 3-5 minutes per side, depending on thickness of fish.
- Meanwhile while fish is cooking boil marinade until reduced to 1/4 cup (4-5 minutes) to make glaze.
- Pour glaze over salamon and serve.
Excellent! I tasted the sauce before marinating the salmon and was tempted to add a bit more adobo. Thank goodness I didn't - it was plenty hot by the time the sauce was reduced.
This was quick and easy to prepare. My husband and his friend and I all loved it. Thank you Ellie! I would have taken a photo, but I was in a big hurry and ate fast, so didn't get time. It sure was good!