Recipe by ellie_
This is really easy and tastes great with a slightly sweet taste. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (October 2005)
Top Review by sugarpea
Excellent! I tasted the sauce before marinating the salmon and was tempted to add a bit more adobo. Thank goodness I didn't - it was plenty hot by the time the sauce was reduced.
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle chilies)
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs salmon fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pie pan whisk together syrup, soy sauce and adobo sauce. Add salmon, turning to coat and let marinate for at least 30 minutes (but not over one hour).
- Drain marinade into a saucepan.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat (I used a cast iron pan sprayed with Pam) and add salmon cooking until charred and cooked about 3-5 minutes per side, depending on thickness of fish.
- Meanwhile while fish is cooking boil marinade until reduced to 1/4 cup (4-5 minutes) to make glaze.
- Pour glaze over salamon and serve.