Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe comes from "In Style" magazine that featured recipes from a buffet party that Greg Grunberg had. It's a 40-year-old family recipe.
- 3 yellow onions, peeled and sliced into rings
- 5 lbs beef brisket (NOT corned beef)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 0.5 (750 ml) bottle merlot (inexpensive is fine)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread half of onions in roasting pan;lay brisket on top.
- Mix chili sauce, soup mix and wine.
- Pour over meat and top with rest of onions.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 4 hours.
- Remove brisket, place on cutting board and bring to room temperature.
- Pour pan juices into a bowl.
- Slice the brisket, return to roasting pan and pour juices over slices.
- Return to oven and cook 2 more hours; Serve.
Easy and delicious!