Recipe by Merry Cook
These cookies have NO cholesterol, and are even good for you because they are made with olive oil instead of shortening or margarine! The cookies have a wonderful melt in your mouth feel and are OH so chocolaty! My family is always begging me to make MORE!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these as a 2nd dessert munchie for a neighborhood potluck & got nothing but raves raves (at least from all the chocoholics that were there)! Thanks for A GREAT TREAT! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 2⁄3 cups rolled oats (or quick oats)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dry baking chocolate (Hershey's or Nestle's)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup of liquid non-dairy coffee creamer (vanilla-nut flavored Coffeemate is great!)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Fold the oil, egg, and vanilla into the dry ingredients. The dough is thick and sticky so you will need to use your hands to mix it thoroughly.
- Drop cookies by spoonful, 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet (I grease my cookie sheets with non-cholesterol cooking spray).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes.