Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- Place ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Select Whole Wheat or Basic Bread setting.
- Press Start.
A keeper! An easy recipe that turned out great!! I prepared the dough in the bread machine using the 'Wheat' setting, and baked it in the oven at 385 F for about 22 minutes. I used a loaf pan that is slightly longer than average, and got 18 slices out of it. The bread was crisp on the outside, and tender inside, and sliced nicely. (I always wait for the bread to cool completely before slicing.) Thanks for sharing this fabulous recipe!
I forgot the sugar!!! :-0 Cant wait to try it again with it! I have to say it is the best recipe I have tried using whole wheat. It was moist and light. Unfortunately, it kinda caved in a little I guess this is because I forgot the sugar! Duh!
3rd bread I tried with my dad's bread machine. This bread was delicious!! Had mine as toast in the morning but can't wait to try it fresh for a sandwich!! Thanks! :)