Recipe by Mary K. W.
A recipe I found in a community cookbook a while back. This is one of those 'I'll make this someday' recipes. I'm putting it on Zaar for safekeeping.
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
These were really good and a big hit with everyone. I made half with the butterscotch topping and the other half with some chocolate chips added in - they were both good, but I preferred the original version. I was afraid these would be overly sweet, but they were just fine. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2⁄3 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups salted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the base together and press into an unbuttered pan, 9 x 13, and bake 12 to 16 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle 3 cups marshmallows on the base mixture and place back in the oven until marshmallows puff up.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- While cooling, mix the corn syrup, butter, vanilla and butterscotch chips over low heat , stirring constantly until topping is smooth. Remove from heat and add immediately the Rice Krispies and Peanuts.
- Spread topping over the cooled base.
- Cut into squares.