Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got this from a co-worker and my family loves them, especially my 13 yr old ds. enjoy!
- 48 caramels
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- Melt caramels with milk. Don’t burn! Set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, salt, soda, sugar, and butter; blend well.
- Put ½ of this mixture in a 9x13” pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over baked mixture.
- Pour caramel mixture over chocolate chips.
- Place remaining flour mixture on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes longer. Cool. Cut.