Izzy Knight's Note:
This is one of those cookies that you just can't wait for it to cool to pop in your mouth. It's unbelievably good. Really.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots (about 3 large carrots)
- 1 cup raisins
- cream cheese, filling (I found Lennie's frosting Copycat Cinnabon Rolls With Icing works really well but you can use your favorite recipe)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray 2 baking sheet.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted, combine sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add eggs and vanilla, and beat on medium speed until well combined.
- 5In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger; stir to combine.
- 6Gradually add flour to butter mixture; mix on a low speed until just blended.
- 7Mix in oats, carrots, and raisins.
- 8Chill dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes (important! no cheating).
- 9Using a 1/2-ounce ice-cream scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between cookies.
- 10Transfer to oven, and bake until browned and crisped, rotating pan halfway through baking to ensure even color, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 11let it cool (even if you can't wait).
- 12Repeat baking process with remaining dough.
- 13Once cooled completely, use an spatula to spread about 2 teaspoons of cream-cheese filling onto a cookie.
- 14Sandwich together with a second cookie.
- 15Repeat with remaining cookies.
- 16Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gone-Quick Carrot Cake Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.8
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 103.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 2.4 g